Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Guilty Pleasure #5 - My love of Tshirts


There are a few other bloggers that are doing these Guilty Pleasure posts as well. It all started with C.J. Duggan and if you want a bunch of smiles, circle back to her site and see the comments to read other pleasures.

This week's Guilty Pleasure is brought to you by the letter T. T for T-shirts. Oh how I love Tshirts and all their funny sayings & graphics. Some of my Tshirts hold great memories for me. Lets take a peak at some of my favourites.

This one is probably my favourite Tshirt. It is well worn let me tell you. It's so soft. I just love to wear it out in public and have people approach me. I get two types of people approach me when I wear this Tshirt. I get the Jamie-Fraser-Outlander-Diana- Gabaldon- fans cross shopping isles just to talk to me and ask me where they can get the Tshirt and then those that just want to know 1st, how to say Sassenach and 2nd, what does it mean? It is a great conversation Tshirt.

This is my Gilmore Girls Tshirt collection. I actually have 2 more Tshirts then what is above but they were in the laundry. I love Gilmore Girls and I wear these Tshirts ALOT. The most worn above is my "Reading is Sexy" , "DragonFly Inn" and the "Luke's Diner" Tshirt. No maybe it's my "I am Cathy Coffee mister, the bastard offspring of Mrs. Foldgers and Juan Valdez" because it is my night shirt. But then again, my "Hanging with My Gnomies" is red. Oh I don't know! I wear them all.


Here's my vintage Tshirts. Yes that is my original Bon Jovi Tshirt from the 80's "Slippery When Wet" concert tour. It is so worn that you can almost see through it. But I can't part with it ever.


I call this grouping my vacation Tshirts. I have NY, LA, Charleston, Washington, Venice Beach and South Carolina above. I also collect a sweatshirt from each of the US States I visit which is a much larger collection but since this post is all about Tshirts, I will not sway.


Above is another great conversation Tshirt. Castle fans can identify this sweet Tshirt from afar.


This is one of those Tshirts that have special meaning. Great memories behind this Tshirt and I have the karaoke video to prove it. Lets just say my karaoke rendition of "My Life Would Suck Without You" and this Tshirt go hand in hand. I wasn't even drunk.


Lastly, because this post could honestly go on and on. (I didn't even post my Buffy/Angel collection) I got this above Tshirt made with my Blog site printed on the front and took it to my very first Readers/Writers conference in early June 2011. I got some of my favourite authors & authors that I have reviewed their books to sign it. I will now carry this baby to every conference/book signing I go to. I hope to get Diana Gabaldon to sign it in August.

Ok so share with me, what is your favourite Tshirt and what's the story behind why it is your favourite?


10 comments:

JM said...

Ok. Third times a charm.
Left 2 comments and they totally disappeared.
Mine is kind of a sad one. On January 8th, 2002, Deputy Robert Tanner was shot and killed in the line of duty when he was flagged down by a motorist. I have a black t-shirt with his number on it, 17, that I wear all the time, to remember what a fantastic man, deputy, supervisor he was.
What a great reminder.

Julie said...

Such an awesome post! I love t-shirts! I have quite an extensive Gilmore Girls t-shirt collection as well. My favourites are my 'babette ate oatmeal' and 'I speak Gilmore'. I have silly t-shirts, like my 'kidney stones rock!' and 'Jubilee Jewels', and I have nerdy t-shirts, like 'good grammar costs nothing'. But my current favourite is my 'proud to be awesome' t-shirt, because, quite frankly, it makes me feel pretty darn awesome, and it was a gift from someone who's pretty darn awesome too. :)

C.J Duggan said...

Haha...I knew exactly what the first T-shirt meant! Very cool! AND I see an AC/DC T good to see an a piece of Oz in the mix. I plan to collect my own t-shit collection when I come to the U.S next year!
I have a San Fransisco, and New York that my dad got me when he went to America (I Live in them) But my most treasured piece (AND rather stalkerishly embarrassing) I LOVE Timothy Olyphant from Deadwood! And I saw a T shirt he actually worse on an auction site for his movie Catch and Release. It's a really nice t shirt from a really important scene, so I bid and won! But it is FAR too pressure to wear, it's a nice keepsake/memorabilia. And it's one of my favourite movies!

Here is a picture of him wearing it http://movies.about.com/od/catchandrelease/a/catchto012207.htm

Hope you get the Diana Gabaldon signature!

Margaret said...

Whoa! Your collection puts mine to shame. Of course, I have several shirts that match yours. When I wear my 'Sassenach' shirt in public, my hubby snickers. He thinks the word sounds dirty. I also wear my Castle shirt quite of bit. Oddly enough, of all my Gilmore wear the Gypsy's shirt has become my fave. Something about the weight/feel of the cotton. I'm weird that way.

I won't say which of yur shirts is my favorite, but I will say that my life WOULD suck without you!

Vanessa said...

OMG...a Bon Jovi Tour T-Shirt. i saw him in concert 2 years ago and I totally missed out on getting a shirt. I am still kicking myself for it!! Amazing collection :)

Lucy (The Secret Life of Books) said...

I just saw that you are my newest follower and came to say hi and look around. You won me over the second I saw the t-shirt saying Just call me Sassenach! I love Outlander!
New follower :)

Anonymous said...

What an awesome collection of shirts... love the themes. My hubby collects marvel superhero tshirts... he has so many:)

Thanks for visiting my guilty pleasure.

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the comments guys! I loved reading about your favourites!

Laurie (lulu) said...

Late to the party. I'd have to stay my GG teeshirts. I either sleep in them or wear them out and about. I have two Luke's tees and we all know how I feel about Luke. I also love the tees that I've gotten as gift from the gals to represent their state. My drawers are jam packed.

alex lee said...

Are you looking for amazing quality and best customized Tshirts