Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Guilty Pleasures #4 - Coach Bags


Well it's Wednesday and do you know that that means? Its sharing my Guilty Pleasure time. C J Duggan started this fun Wednesday game so you should check her out next. I always leave with a smile.


My Guilty Pleasure this week is a Guilty but a 100% Pleasure.

I love Coach Bags. I don’t know why *shrugs shoulders* But I do. I'm not such a name brand gal. I have no issues shopping at Wal-mart, I don’t have designer sunglasses or carry a wee Chihuahua around for show. Heck even my shoes are whatever looks and feels good. So why am I so drawn to these lovely lovely bags? And no, don’t you dare flash a knock off in front of me. I have personal beliefs about stealing brand names, downloading illegal music and don’t even get me started on book piracy (see rant here)

Back to my love of Coach. Well let me tell you about the customer service I received from one of their fine stores. I was at the mall forcing insisting begging convincing my son to get a hair cut and I stepped into a Coach store to browse and peak at the new Spring collections. While my son was being shampoo’d, cut and styled, I found myself with a few bags lined up in front of me as I posed in the mirror. I was a gonner. I. Had. To. Have.

The wonderful Coach sales lady, Diane, and I became quick friends and I stayed so long that my son was impatiently texting me from the hairdressers with a “Mom where r u?”. Diane was amazing. If I ran a store, I'd try and steal her.

Anyhow, I decided on a fun beige bag with the trademark CC etched in gold. I love my bag.



So about a week goes by and Diane from the Coach store phones me. She called  just to ask me how I liked my bag, if everything is going well, did I have any other questions? Can you believe that? When does a sales person ever do that?

Then the next day, I receive in the mail a handwritten, yes handwritten AND personalized card about my conversation with Diane. (just so happens Diane is a book lover too so it was easy to be a bff) My card was a thank you for buying Coach and as a token of their gratitude; there was a $50 off anything in the store gift card.

What’s a girl to do but to go back into the Coach store and buy a matching wallet right? Yep, that's what I thought as well. So here is my lovely lovely wallet that I love so much. *pets*


Do you have a special name brand that you have to have regardless of a hefty price tag or perhaps you have to travel far away to get it? Is your Guilty Pleasure shoes? Sephora? Certain jeans?

9 comments:

Ice Dancer Lilith said...

I NEED to find that store! Wow, what a great experience. I would never leave. Seriously...never. I love Coach, but then again...I love all bags, and shoes, and coats. As long as they are pretty...they come home with me. Especially the shoes...and bags...and coats. I can't help myself, but I guess I don't have a specific brand that I HAVE to have.

Great post, here's mine: http://lovelaughandread.blogspot.com

Julie said...

Hee! I never get tired of hearing this story, despite the fact that purses mean absolutely nothing to me. I would just as soon carry around a plastic grocery bag to hold all my necessities. But if I were to come upon a sales lady like Diane, there's no telling what I'd do.

For me, one thing I won't skimp on is athletic shoes and attire. Brands I accept are Nike, Adidas, Reebok, Puma, Umbro, Under Armour -- essentially anything that makes the Forbes top 40 list. ;)

C.J Duggan said...

I blow all my money on books (sad but true) but I do drool over Tiffany and Co. And I am turning the big 30 this year so I will start hint-hinting to the hubby!
You crack me up! I forsee many a purchase with Diane! Now that's customer satisfaction for you!

Margaret Ethridge said...

I'm so happy that you share my Coach obsession. I bought my first Coach in July of 1990 (Yes, I remember the purchase, and yes, I still have the bag) and I haven't looked back. I think I have about ten bags and a few odd accessories.

My latest acquisition took me back to the tradtional Coach leather. Yes, I flirted with the logo bags for a couple of years, but I have a weakness of the feel of fine leather. And you.

Fine leather, you, and books. And these posts. Those are my pleasures and I don't feel the least bit guilty about them.

For some reason, Blogger will not let me log in with my Google account. I hope this posts.

Laurie said...

Just wanted to say I enjoyed the post and the new layout. I'm with Julie, purses are just something to put my wallet in and shoes are more often then not purchased at Payless Shoes. I guess my guilty pleasure would be some shows on tv. I admit to watching The Real Housewives (insert city here). I just love to shake my head that their behavior.

Anonymous said...

Great post - I can totally sympathise, because I have a similar problem, but with Bvlgari...it's crazy, it so expensive and I totally don't shop at such stores for other things, but my glasses, wallets etc must be Bvlgari... my poor hubby:)

Here's mine: http://tfwalsh.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/guilty-pleasure-book-obsessions/

Unknown said...

Thanks for all the comments ladies!

Tfwalsh - hey is Bvlgari what Ranger wears in the Janet Evanovich books? I actually bought the scent a few years ago because I had to have it. Books do that to us eh.

Laurie and Julie - we gotta love what we gotta love. If it is TV shows or shoes. If we take pleasure in it, all the better.

Margaret - Yes we share this love of Coach dont we. I'm glad your comment took.

C.J. - Oh I hope you get that Tiffany pleasure. That is awesome. Hey maybe hubby can hide it in one of your pillows lol

Lilith - I could live with "if its pretty its coming home" I think it is an awesome idea!

Dianne said...

Thanks for the kind words, Michelle. It was a genuine pleasure meeting you.

Anonymous said...

Well my obsession is not expensive but I do have to drive a few hours to get it. I drive down to the Pilleteri Winery and by a case of Reisling Dolce on occasion. ;) It's simply yum!