Sunday, June 12, 2011

Hot Six by Janet Evanovich

















Hot Six

By Janet Evanovich

Book Blurb:
Low-rent bounty hunter Stephanie Plum reaches depths of personal experience that other women detectives never quite do. In Hot Six, for example, a sequence of new and hideous cars bite the dust; she finds herself lumbered with a policeman's multiply incontinent dog; and she has several bad skin days. All this when she is trying to prove her distinctly more competent colleague and occasional boyfriend Ranger innocent of a mob hit; avoid the heavies trailing her in the hope of finding him; and cope with a wife-abusing bail defaulter with nasty habits, such as setting Stephanie on fire.



Hot Six treated us to a very interesting story line. It proved very intersting to read how the mysterious Ranger was wanted by the police for questioning (perhaps ever for arrest) when it did seem as though he was guilty. What I love about Stephanie is that no matter how much of the circumstantial evidence pointed to Ranger, she still believed in her friend and helped him. There were definitely times where she questioned herself and I liked her a little out of character being forceful on phone calls. Although I have to say, it was kinda cute and I'm sure that she did not want to be cute.


I love the amount of times handcuffs played a role in this story. Morelli cuffed her and Ranger cuffed her. Both times were quite humorous.

Hot Six introduced us to Bob. Who didn’t love Bob right away?

How funny was it that Grandma Mazur moved in with Stephanie? That story line allowed for some pretty funny moments. With Stephanie sleeping on the couch, Ranger’s nightly visits were highly flirtatious and added to his mysterious mannerism. How the heck is he getting into her apartment? Wait! I actually don’t want to know. I like it being mysterious. The one nightly visit where she tackled Ranger to the ground but ended up being the one on the bottom was so hot! The way Janet wrote that scene was good and sexy. Course, good thing Grandma was there to break the mood. At this stage in the series, I just love the chemistry but don’t want them to act on it.

Now I know I just said that I didn’t want them to act upon that hot chemistry but I was kinda changing my mind when Stephanie met Ranger behind the office and she had visions of apprehending him. Steph with no underwear, no bra, shirt too small and then add in a hot hot Ranger, was almost enough to make me change my mind. That scene was a mixture of funny, (when her took her jacket), hot (when she had her fingers on his flat stomach) caring (when he was concerned about her hands) frustrating (when he had to leave) and finally relief (cause I don’t want her to cheat on Morelli) (can you tell I really liked that scene)?

The funniest scene for me was when Lulu, Steph and Cynthia removed the dead guy from the car and had him sitting up in a lawn chair held up by a bungee cord. The descriptions Janet used brought me to laughing tears. Lulu and Stephanie together are just a hoot.

The scariest scene was when Stephanie was finally kidnapped by the two goons and her finger was going to get chopped off. Yikes! Luckily Stephanie was a smart cookie and got out of that situation.

Moving towards the ending of the book, I liked how Ranger came in at the last moment to get the villain and how he helped Stephanie. One thing about Janet writing about Stephanie is that she usually writes her not always needing a man to save her. Stephanie does a lot of her own saving. One of my favourite things about Stephanie is that she doesn’t rely on the man to save the day. I liked how the rescue was written.

I haven’t talked too much about Morelli. He shared the spot light in Hot Six with Ranger. He still makes my mouth water and all that talk in the book about marriage was hopeful. I thought it was smart of Janet to write that Morelli admitting that he love Stephanie but that Stephanie never made the declaration herself. Very sneaky of Janet to leave her readers hanging like that. Speaking of being left hanging, what anther cliff hanger at the end of the book with the marriage proposal. Good thing I have access to Seven Up or I would go nuts.



5 comments:

Mac Perry said...

Great Review! I am going to read this next!

Unknown said...

Oh your welcome. Not sure if I mentioned this or not but Hot Six is actually the 6th book in that wonderful series. One for the Money is the best place to start. The cast is amazing!

Totsymae said...

I just wanted to drop in to say hi. We just became Twitter followers and thanks. I'm going to subscribe to keep up with what's going on here.

Unknown said...

Thanks Totsymae. If you have a blog, if you join my Google Followers, I frequently review my dashboard and surf back to other bloggers sites. If you don't, no worries and I appreciate you following along!

Megan@Riverina Romantics said...

I love Janet Evanovich!