Monday, June 27, 2011

Mine to Possess by Nalini Singh

Mine to Possess (Psy-Changelings, Book 4)Clay and Talin’s book
Mine to Possess (Psy-Changelings, Book 4)

By Nalini Singh

Book Blurb:
Nalini Singh pulls away another dark layer of sheer desire, revealing passions unknown in her latest novel about the world of the Psy.

A woman returns from a leopard changeling's past, making him question his base animal instincts-and unlock the darkest secrets of his heart.



Mine to Possess was the 4th instalment of the Phy-Changeling series. What a joy to continuously grant 5 perfect stars on a series and what a blast it is to read each book one after another. I am probably going to go into serious withdrawal after the last book. I call that my “Outlander Syndrome”

I love being introduced one at a time to each of these characters and their mates. Each book has such interesting storylines to captive me while I stay awake until all hours of the early morning. Yeah, I finished Mine to Possess this morning around 3:30AM and if you would believe it, I read the first few chapters of book 5, Hostage to Pleasure. Oh come on. I know you have done that too.

The angst level was escalated in Mine to Possess. Stories that involve abused children always pull at my heart strings and in Mine to Possess those heart string were stretched to their limit. My palms were sweaty and I was sad with the experimentation that some M-Phy were doing to the human children. I didn’t like that part of the story but what a better way to get the readers to truly hate the villains.  

I am so pleased that I continue to enjoy the mated couples and their personalities. With romance books in general I really like stories where the male and female characters have an established past so Clay and Talin fell right into that territory for me. They both had such damaged unfair childhoods so it was a true joy to see them fall in love and finally seal their mated bond.

Mine to Possess set up the next book Hostage to Pleasure perfectly so you’ll have to excuse me while I go and continue where I left off this morning.

No comments: