Monday, June 20, 2011

Visions of Heat by Nalini Singh











Faith and Vaughn’s book





Visions of Heat (Psy-Changelings, Book 2)
By Nalini Singh

Book Blurb:
Used to cold silence, Faith NightStar is suddenly being tormented by dark visions of blood and murder. A bad sign for anyone, but worse for Faith, an F-Psy with the highly sought after ability to predict the future. Then the visions show her something even more dangerous-aching need...exquisite pleasure. But so powerful is her sight, so fragile the state of her mind, that the very emotions she yearns to embrace could be the end of her. Changeling Vaughn D'Angelo can take either man or jaguar form, but it is his animal side that is overwhelmingly drawn to Faith. The jaguar's instinct is to claim this woman it finds so utterly fascinating and the man has no argument. But while Vaughn craves sensation and hungers to pleasure Faith in every way, desire is a danger that could snap the last threads of her sanity. And there are Psy who need Faith's sight for their own purposes. They must keep her silenced-and keep her from Vaughn.





Well thank goodness for weekends because I was able to sit back and read Visions of Heat without interruption. Late Friday night I finished Slave to Sensation and realised that even though I had purchased the entire Phy-Changeling series, I had missed purchasing book 2 so I had to dash out and buy it before the store Chapters closed. Whew! Disaster adverted because I got the last copy.


Visions of Heat was Faith and Vaughn’s book. Faith was a newly introduced character and Vaughn we all met in the first book Slave to Sensation. I liked meeting Faith and I ended up really liking her character. Even though she was a Phy and she was experiencing touching, emotions and sensations for the first time, she was different than Sascha. Her F-Phy ability can really benefit the changeling race and give her some much needed self-worth.  I already liked Vaughn and I was super happy that he mated with a woman I liked. The pair is a good match. They fit each other nicely.

Visions of Heat dove a bit deeper into the Phy world and I will admit to being a bit lost at times. I won’t be ashamed to admit I had to read a couple of paragraphs over a second time to grasp the meaning or understand the descriptions.  I find the Phy network very involved but that does not take away from how utterly fascinating and interesting it all is. Visions of Heat did a great job dropping tidbits for future books and now having Slave for Sensation under my belt, there is an amazing story to be told here. I can’t wait to start Caressed by Ice which is book 3.
 
I’d like to add that my favourite line from Visions of Heat earned a tweet tonight. “Can I lick you into submission?” Ah Vaughn, my possessive dominate cat boyfriend, heart belongs to you.

With getting ready to start the 3rd book, Caressed by Ice,  I am starting to have questions. I am wondering about reproduction. Can Lucas & Sascha or Vaughn & Faith have cubs/Phy babies? Not that I am in any rush for them to do so, I am just wondering about the possibility. I am sure that it gets answered along the way. Also, I see the third book touches on the history of the Phy society. I hope we find out the history of the changelings too. (if you know these answers, please don’t share with me yet)

One more quick note, thank you to Nalini Singh for not completely forgetting about Lucas and Sascha. So many times I start reading a series and the next book drops off the previous characters. I am pleased that this series seems to continue with their storylines. I love that. I don’t need a chapter devoted to the previous characters but because I fall in love with the characters, I need those updates.




2 comments:

C.J Duggan said...

GET OUT OF TOWN!!! I am LIKE totally reading this book! I have nearly finished it and about to start Book 3! Are we like BFF's or what???

I am itching to get stuck into these, my friend just rang me because she has read them all. She has JUST red the latest Kiss of Snow and said it was amaaaaazing, just blew her away so I can't wait to read Hawke's story! But I am loving me some Vaughn!

Julie said...

Lucas and Sasha are not forgotten?! That's great! I will pick this up eventually. Your review was great and this book sounds like it's worth reading. :)