Monday, August 22, 2011

Teaser Tuesday - The Help by Kathryn Stockett



Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
The Help  The Help by Kathryn Stockett

     I pick up a coffee cup, start drying it real good with my cloth. 
     "Do you ever wish you could...change things?" she said. 
     And I can't help myself. I look at her head-on. Cause that's one a the stupidest questions I ever heard. She got a confused, disgusted look on her face, like she done salted her coffee instead of sugared it. 
     I turn back to my washing, so she don't see me rolling my eyes. "Oh no ma'am everthing's fine."
    "But that talk in there, about the bathroom...."and smack on that word, Miss Leefolt walk in the kitchen.
page 10 of hardcover

I just finished the book and my review is just below if curious. Not my normal genre of book to read but there was just too much book buzz to ignore. 

6 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I loved the book...and the movie!

Great teaser.

Here's MY TT POST

Sarah said...

Yeah this isn't my normal genre either, but I'm curious. Especially with the movie coming out. Love Emma Stone.

Thanks for stopping by my teaser tuesday as well!

♥ Sarah

Cindy said...

Thanks so much for sharing. I absolutely want to read this and see the movie. Looks too good.

Here's mine.

http://cindyhall.blogspot.com/2011/08/from-book-cover.html

sinn said...

Lmao!! I really need to read this book! I love the comment about salting her coffee instead! Great teaser!


Here's mine: http://sinnfulbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/teas.html

sinn @ sinnful books

Anonymous said...

Definitely want to check this one out soon! Here's my teaser for this week. Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

You always pick really cool teasers... now I so want to read that book:)