Sunday, November 20, 2011

Lady Sophia's Lover by Lisa Kleypas















Sophia Sydney and Sir Ross Cannon



Lady Sophia's Lover (Bow Street Runners book 2) 

By Lisa Kleypas

Book Blurb:
Why is Lady Sophia looking for a lover? And could she seduce the most marriageable man in London?

Lady Sophia Sydney would do anything to ensnare the unattainable Sir Ross Cannon. Her goal -- to ruin his reputation and cause a scandal that would be the talk of all London. So she insinuates herself into his life by gaining his trust and living in his house.

Every morning, her lush presence tempts him beyond all reason...the way she bends over the table to serve him the meals she has prepared...the way her hands oh, so gently -- yet sensuously -- brush against him. Every night, she promises with her eyes -- and her body -- that the hours before dawn could be spent in unbridled passion instead of restless sleep -- if only he'd let her share his bed.She knows he is falling more in love with her each day. But she never counted on falling in love with him. And she never dreamed he might very respectably ask for her hand in marriage..




LOVED book 2 in the Bow Street Runners series,  Lady Sophia's Lover. Although this is book 2, it can easily be read as a stand alone. 

Lady Sophia's Lover was a passionate romantic love story. I admit to having a wee crush on Sir Ross Cannon. I think he is my book boyfriend this week. 
My attraction to this character is largely due to how tragic and how important of a figure he is; yet he was so gentle and even tempered. I seemed as drawn to him as the public and political figures of the story were. Sir Ross Cannon was portrayed as a workaholic and dedicated man to the law & the Bow Street Runner's office. He was fair and firm. Lisa Kleypas did an excellent job of clearly defining his celebrity and executive status to the English society. 

Sophia was a brave woman to march into his office and ask for the job of his assistant. Certainly nothing of the time period would allow for a gentle woman to ever hold a position as such. She held on to such loyalty to her deceased brother and it made for an excellent conflict. You could literally feel her pull to Sir Ross as she battled her inner feelings. I loved every moment of it. 

I loved the story so much but I don't want to review so thoroughly that I ruin with spoilers. Lady Sophia's Lover was exceedingly romantic for me and I was very sad when it was over. I loved both of these characters so much. Lady Sophia's Lover was excellently written and has me still thinking of the characters.  

Teasers: office flirtations, romantic riot, moonlit window glances,  bedroom nurse






2 comments:

Julie said...

I should be reading these reviews in order...lol. Sounds like another solid read. :)

Linda said...

I adore Lisa Kleypas' historical romances & this is 1 of my favs together with Where Dreams Being & Somewhere I'll Find you. I've reread it several times; it's that good.

& yes I was definitely quite in love with Sir Ross too!