Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Guest Guilty Pleasure by S.J. Clarke - Secret Love Affair with Egyptian Sheets




This Wednesday's return of my Guilty Pleasure posts welcomes author S.J. Clarke. I totally love the guilty pleasure topic because I have the same one!!



My Secret Love Affair

My guilty pleasure, what I curl up with every chance I get, are my Egyptian cotton sheets.

Nothing compares to rolling around in sinfully soft sheets that stroke every pleasure point on your body.

Egyptians grow their cotton along the steamy, fertile banks of the Nile. Ooh, what fantasies that inspires as I slip between the covers. Who can resist the result of skill perfected through generations? Expert craftsmen gently ply their trade by hand, devoting exquisite care to each and every detail, offering the most luxurious of bedroom accessories.

Believe me, while skill counts, quantity and size matter. The higher the thread count, the longer the fibres, the greater the euphoria.

Oh sure, you may have other toys ─ uh, I mean accessories ─ that provide bliss. But do they have the strength and endurance to caress your sensitive skin, oh-so-softly, for hours at a time? Like fine wine, these only get better with age. Can your's boast the same?

I know you've tried them ─ ones boldly promising to send you into dreamland with a smile on your face, but once unwrapped, fail to live up to expectations. Don't be ashamed. Many of us fell for those enticing, if unfulfilling, come-on lines.

Image from Amazon 

The rewards of unadulterated Egyptian cotton put wannabe’s to shame. The real deal are enduring, able to withstand the most vigorous of activity. No heat level (or hot flash ─ whatever) is too much for them to handle, because they breathe. This decadent splurge is enough to entice even me to shave my legs during cold Canadian winters.

My Egyptian sheets call out to me, luring me to return to them earlier each evening. I find myself making excuses, bidding abrupt farewells at the most inopportune times. My family understands. They realize a happy me at night, means a happier me the next day.

Have you experienced this love of Egyptian sheets yourself? Do you have a special comfort or quilt instead?

S. J. Clarke has published over fifty articles as a columnist and regular contributor for a variety of lifestyle and human interest websites. She is a grateful member of the Writers' Community of Durham Region, and proud to sit on the Board of Directors for The Ontario Writer's Conference. 





Check out my new website at: http://sjclarke.com

Friend me on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/jzcSq4

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/sandrajc 

Join me on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/home?trk=hb_tab_home_top




6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for hosting on my blog today. Always a pleasure to meet another Canadian author.

I am totally with you on the Egyptian sheets. I especially love the silky soft sateen feeling. I love the feeling on my legs. Every since I purchased a set, I've had the best nights sleeps. So cozy. Such a great post because you described it all perfectly!

SJ Clarke said...

Thanks, Michelle!

They truly are decadant, and an experience worth sharing. Thanks for inviting me to guest on your blog today:o)

Julie said...

Wow. I've never been turned on by sheets before, but you've done it! Be proud! I'm the girl who grabs the cheapest sheet set she can find and slaps it on her futon hoping it'll get her through another year of university. To hell with the cheap stuff. I want what you're having! ;) I'm a fellow Canadian and an aspiring author, so I'll be sure to follow you on twitter and elsewhere! :)

Laurie said...

Never have tried the Egyptian sheets, but I will say this. I love getting into the bed after you've just put fresh sheets on. Add an electric blanket and I am in heaven.

SJ Clarke said...

LOL Julie.

Once you switch, you'll never go back.

Thanks for the follows and good luck with your writing!

SJ Clarke said...

Laurie.

Try the Egyptian cotton. You'll thank me.

I don't have the electric blanket, just a very warm husband:o) I did get him a Zippo hand warmer for Christmas (Don't ask, he's a mountain climber!) and have threatened to steel it to keep by my feet. It's so much easier than a hot water bottle:o)