Sunday, January 15, 2012

Yours Until Dawn by Teresa Medeiros














Gabriel Fairchild and Samatha Wickersham's book




Yours Until Dawn


by Teresa Medeiros


Book Blurb:
Gabriel Fairchild's valor during battle earns him the reputation of hero, but costs him both his sight and his hope for the future. Abandoned by the fiancée he adored, the man who once walked like a prince among London's elite secludes himself in his family's mansion, cursing his way through dark days and darker nights.


Prim nurse Samantha Wickersham arrives at Fairchild Park to find her new charge behaving more like a beast than a man. Determined to do her duty, she engages the arrogant earl in a battle of both wit and wills. Although he claims she doesn't possess an ounce of womanly softness, she can feel his heart racing at her slightest touch. As Samantha begins to let the light back into Gabriel's life and his heart, they both discover that some secrets -- and some pleasures -- are best explored in the dark. 


Great deal for your Kindle. If an US resident Yours Until Dawn was free. If you're Canadian, Yours Until Dawn was still an amazing price of $2.19. I highly recommend this great limited time offer. 


Well I'll be honest and say that I purchased Yours Until Dawn because of that great deal I mention above. I follow Teresa Medeiros on Facebook and I read so many of her comments from her fans indicating that Yours Until Dawn was one of their favourites of her's so I got it. I can see why. I just loved it. 


I knew nothing of Yours Until Dawn as I didn't even read the book blurb. I had no idea what to expect but I do enjoy Teresa Medeiros' historicals so I knew with faith that it would be great. The writing was fabulous and highly descriptive. I adore the witty banter of conversation she orchestrates with her protagonists. Samantha and Gabriel entered into some simply awesome sparring moments and humourous comebacks. As Samantha was acting as Gabriel's nurse there were some laugh out loud moments that I want to go back and read. Loved it!


I could really feel Gabriel's desperation with his blindness and all the emotional turmoil that twisted inside him. From the jilted finance that left him at the hospital to his adoring family thinking he'd been better off dead rather than suffer a disability like blindness. It was unsettling to read their ignorance. 


There is a twist to Yours Until Dawn that I admit I didn't see coming. I can usually sniff out the obvious and I was pleasantly surprised to be taken by surprise. I think I was so absorbed with the fabulous story,and by not taking a moment to put my Kindle down, that I didn't see it coming. What an amazing transformation these characters go through and it was a wonderful afternoon read. Outstanding! Now I want to turn around and re-read. 


Teasers: love letters, Sam the dog, "Before, you were only a dream. Now you're a dream come true"





2 comments:

Na said...

Thank you for your review, Michelle. I have this book on my TBR pile and I've been saving it for a time I could really savour it. It sounds so emotional and I really want the couple to make the most of their situation. This would also be my first book by the author. Looks like I may need to bump this book up the list. An added perk from your teaser is Sam the dog.

Helen said...

I love Teresa Medeiros. Her books are amazing. I will definitely be picking this up.