Thursday, March 8, 2012

Photo a Day Challenge Day 8 - Window


Today's challenge was "WINDOW


Anyone who knows me or follows my blog has a clear understanding of my love for Historical Romance Novels. (okay so maybe they don't understand it but they certainly know about it)


This shot above was taken in Charleston, South Carolina by me. The site was at the historical John Rutledge House Inn and of course it was at night. 
My imagination gets the best of me. I read all about balls and parties and to actually stay at a mansion with historical significance (that would have definitely hosted such soirees) was a dream come true. Can't you just picture a prominent lady all done up in a ball gown looking out that window? 


Are you a fan of historical novels and are dying to visit some of the places that you've read about? Scotland anyone? 

4 comments:

Christine said...

Scotland *raises hand*

Margaret said...

Me, please!

Unknown said...

Group trip!!

Julie said...

As you know, I am not a huge Historical reader but I can certainly appreciate your vision. I really can picture a lady all done up standing by that window. Great photo!