Saturday, June 16, 2012

Bared to You by Sylvia Day















Gideon and Eva's 1st book




Bared to You (Crossfire book 1)

by Sylvia Day

Book blurb:
Our journey began in fire...

Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart..



A new book trilogy to get sex-cited about! I will fully admit, I'm excited. 

Bared to You is marketed to the hoards of "Fifty Shades of Grey" book lovers and rightfully so. There are many easy comparisons but Bared to You is much more polished and put together; however no less addictive. I NEED book 2, now. I have told myself over and over again that when there is a trilogy book series, I shouldn't start them until they have all been published. I know this fact about myself yet here I am cancelling out summer by the calendar and counting the days until October when book two shall grace my shelves. 
Here is my plea to Syliva Day on Twitter and her reply *giggles*




Since Bared to You seems to be riding the coat tails of the popular E.L. James series, I'd like to point out my thoughts on that. The first thought on my mind is although you do have a young emotionally fractured billionaire male, Gideon and a recovered abuse victim college grad female, Eva, I could easily place this awesome couple in their own story and separate out from Fifty Shades. The same romance formula is present but it is a familiar plot used by numerous authors. It is the talent of the writing that separates out the weeds from the blooms and Sylvia Day's Bared to You is a bouquet. 

Gideon and Eva are powerfully drawn to each other and both are really emotionally immature. They have major hurdles to over come if they want to be in a relationship and I've never read a romance couple try so hard. It is not an easy task for them to hold on to one another when they both feel that they are broken people. Every time Eva gets upset she runs away and Gideon is just so freaked out about how much he has fallen for Eva. Their constant wavering about making it work is what caused me to keep reading and reading. 

Bared to You is an erotic novel and I love that there is a great story attached. Their intimate scenes are well crafted and smoking hot. They are not a raunchy couple but pure lust makes it impossible for them to keep their hands off each other. Now having said that, Bared to You was practically half way done before they experienced their first encounter. This statement is not a complaint because I love to really get to know my characters. There are no BDSM scenes in Bared to You but it does imply that there may be book 2. We will have to see how that plays out. There is enough kink and fire brimming between Eva and Gideon that it could go either way. 

Bared to You leaves the reader on a semi cliff hanger. Nothing to pull your hair over but there is an urge to want to pick up book two and dive in right away. Is it October yet? Are you looking forward to the next installment as I am? 

Teasers: steamy scene at the family home, a heavy unrevealed back-story to come, sexy limo ride, major jealous streaks 






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you liked this book! I too can't wait for the next one. May have to email you, b/c I have some spoiler-ish thoughts about what may happen in book 2, and I'd love to get your opinions as well!

Jo K said...

Sounds great! I like the characters getting to know each other before taking their relationship further. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Scientist - Yes! email me. I'd love to discuss. I want book 2 so badly!

Pepca - Thanks for commenting. It was a really great read. Let me know after you read it what you thought.