Saturday, January 19, 2013

Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews















Kate Daniels book #4



Magic Bleeds

By Ilona Andrews


Book Blurb:Kate Daniels keeps the peace in Atlanta for the Order, humans caught between the vampire controlling People led by her biological father and best kept secret, Roland, and the shape-shifter Pack, led by her mate-to-be Curran, the Lord of the Beasts. But her look-alike aunt Erra, Babylon's god of chaos and terror, has come to town controlling seven naked warriors: Deluge (flood water), Tremor (earth quake), Gale (hurricane wind), Torch (fire inferno), Venom (disease poison), Beast (animal monster), and Darkness (overpowering dread).



BEST ONE YET!

I am trying to stop and leave a review before I dive into the next book. 

I am pretty sure if I looked up AWESOME in the dictionary I should find Magic Bleeds as the definition. I think after this book 4, the Kate Daniels series has moved up from my "Awesome" category to "EPIC". Very few have made it on that list. 

There are a lot of mind boggling fighting scenes in Magic Bleeds. I don't even know how a special effects Hollywood crew could replicate what I imagine from the descriptive pages of Magic Bleeds. The choreographing is one thing but mix that with the circumstances, the adrenaline rush and the wild orchestral battle scene music playing in my head is pretty much spectacular. Each book seems to end off with a major fight battle scene and Magic Bleeds certainly tips the scales over to the phenomenal realm. We can thank Kate's fight with her biological twin looking aunt for the action. Oh yes, there is a wee spoiler for you. 

Now to offset all of this violence, I also found Magic Bleeds to be one of the more humourous books so far. I found I was quoting and bookmarking more than usual. 

“I can't give you the white picket fence, and if I did, you'd set it on fire.” 

I paused with the pen in my hand. "He burst into flames?"
"He became engulfed in fire"

“Was his buddy made out of orange rocks and did he at any point yell 'It's clobbering time'?"
"I find your attempt at levity inappropriate."
"Consider me properly chastised.” 


"Every woman should be told she's attractive. Men are seduced by their eyes, women by their ears."  


I know I could keep pasting because the quotes are numerous. 

Kate and Curran take a relationship leap in Magic Bleeds and just like the beginning of the series, it is not rushed. I LOVE that there are  no silly misunderstandings thrown in this story (THANK YOU Ilona Andrews) There are no complicated conflicts that are holding them back. Just good old fashion nerves to be the one to make the first move. Of course the first move needs to be translated into shapeshifters and pack culture but I am pretty sure the catnip Kate spreads all over Curran's bed got the message across. 

On to book 5!!!


Teasers: Story of the first vampire, Grendel the attack poodle with mad skills, literally gluing Kate's ass to a chair, sealing the slut hut





1 comment:

Julie said...

I love this book as much as book three. Reading your quotes reminds me why. I am so excited that you are enjoying this series so much Michelle!