Sunday, February 16, 2014

Up From the Grave by Jeaniene Frost















Cat and Bones final book 



Up From the Grave (Night Huntress book 7)

by Jeaniene Frost

Book Blurb:
Lately, life has been unnaturally calm for vampires Cat Crawfield and her husband Bones. They should have known better than to relax their guard, because a shocking revelation sends them back into action to stop an all-out war…

A rogue CIA agent is involved in horrifying secret activities that threaten to raise tensions between humans and the undead to dangerous heights. Now Cat and Bones are in a race against time to save their friends from a fate worse than death…because the more secrets they unravel, the deadlier the consequences. And if they fail, their lives—and those of everyone they hold dear— will be hovering on the edge of the grave.





*whistles* *STANDING OVATION*
Well done Jeaniene Frost, well done!

Up From the Grave is the last book in the Night Huntress series. While I am trying to hold back the sobs because I won't be reading anymore full length Cat & Bones' novels, I completely applaud and respect Jeaniene Frost's bravery to end her beloved series. I imagine it is a super hard thing to do when you have created such amazing characters that scores of fans love. Cat & Bones are her babies. Oh how I wish more authors had series where the main protagonists were married and taking on adventures. We need more couples like that in our romance world!

Now comes the hard part for me. How do I write a review telling you how brilliantly awesome this story was without revealing some heavy spoilers????

Up From the Grave was chalk full of action and I think that Jeaniene Frost channelled to her fans some pretty deep emotions. I didn't cry or shed any tears but I felt the mirage of emotions deep down. Many heart strings get tugged. Having said that, there was a lot of anger being spewed and even a laugh out loud moment (surprisingly brought to us by Mencheres). 

I loved that with Up From the Grave being the last book, Jeaniene Frost did a great job of incorporating all of the secondary cast of characters into the story. It didn't feel forced including them all in. Seamless really.  

The intimate scenes were a little on the soft side and I can only recall one scene from memory. I think that that Up From the Grave had so much story to fit in that another intimate scene written in would have felt forced or just placed in for the sake of having another sex scene. I thought it was perfect. Bones was still very romantic and protective of Cat all throughout the story so it never felt off.  

The plot was very clever and the story ended on a superb high note that still left the series open for a possibility of more books or a spin off. 

Teasers: a captured Cat, a more powerful Bones, like mother like daughter





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great review! I have been going back and forth about this book, wondering if would be worth what the bookstore was asking for it. Thank you for helping me make up my mind. :)