Monday, March 31, 2014

Their Virgin Concubine by Shayla Black and Lexi Blake















Piper Glen and Rafe, Kade and Talib's book



Their Virgin Concubine (Master of Menage book 3)

By Shayla Black and Lexi Blake

Book Blurb:
The country of Bezakistan – renowned for its wealth and the beauty of its deserts

Piper Glen is thrilled when Rafe and Kade al Mussad ask her to visit their country on a business trip. Madly attracted to both, the virginal secretary knows that neither of her intensely handsome bosses desires her. But every night she dreams of having them both in her bed, fulfilling her every need.

Rafe and Kade have finally found the perfect woman in Piper. Sweet and funny. Intelligent and strong. Before they can reveal their feelings, the brothers must fulfill an ancient tradition. Every sheikh must steal his bride and share her with his brothers. They have thirty days to convince Piper to love them all forever.

The country of Bezakistan – notorious for its danger…

Sheikh Talib al Mussad knows his villainous cousin seeks to take his throne. If Talib and his brothers fail to convince the beautiful Piper to love them, all will be lost. After meeting Piper, he knows he would risk everything to possess her heart.

Khalil al Bashir has long coveted his cousin’s rule. Without a bride to seal their birthright, his every wish will come true. If Piper falls for them, he will lose everything but Piper can’t love them if she’s dead…




You would think that a book that was penned by two amazing, erotic authors would end up being a perfect 5 in my rating system. Sadly I was so disappointed with Their Virgin Concubine. I can't believe it. Shayla Black and Lexi Blake are such great writers that normally write books I love with exceptional eroticism. I enjoy their books immensely

Firstly let me say that Their Virgin Concubine is book 3 in a series but each book can be read as a stand alone. Secondly Amazon had a great deal on where the book was only .88. I totally jumped on that deal because I was going to pay the full price originally

So what went wrong for me? Well, honestly it was the erotic scenes and the lack there of. There were only 3 in the entire book! One where Piper loses her virginity, a short BDSM play scene between Piper and Tal and then the finale. 

Starting with the first scene,it  was so quick. The lead up was nicely paced then it was over once she loses her virginity with Tal. The other two brothers have sex with her too but nothing is written about it. It was just understood it happened. 
The BDSM scene really wasn't about the sex at all. It was about Piper trying to get Tal to open up to her. It was over before it started and for the amazing BDSM scenes that both authors have written before, this was so light. It was like they didn't want to go "there". 
The finale was good but should have been just a regular scene in what I would consider these great authors to deliver. 

Now the story itself was also lacking. I loved so many elements but then so much of it fizzled for me. I just wanted more. So much more. I've become greedy I guess. 





1 comment:

Anna (herding cats-burning soup) said...

Oh well bummer! I read the first book int he series and was middle of the road with it. Enjoyed Lexi on her own and LOVED Shayla on her own so was hoping it was just that particular book.

I have this one too--couldn't resist that deal. Shame it was a let down. And only 3 scenes?? Mainstream romances have more than that. idk I guess I like my erotica...erotic and smexy. Hrm.

Thanks for the heads up on it.